ARTALE GREENHORNS – 2
Interview an Artoon(a member of the Nest) of your choice about their aspiration/s as a kid that failed to materialize.
Use that interview as a tool to research on the background of their life and write a fictionalized story where your subject’s aspiration/dream comes true.
Connect with your subject and ask them questions, learn about their lives, ask them about what their aspiration was and why. Feel free to ask any Where, What, How, Which and Why.
1. The writer is advised to approach the subject of their character only after they are sure of their choice because the writer cannot change their subject.
2. Writer has to thoroughly research the subject’s lives because ‘interviewing’ is the biggest learning opportunity in this prompt.
3. Names, facts and incidents may/may not be changed/altered/modified with the subject’s permission.
4. The writer is advised to be sensible with their narrative choices since they will be dealing with real-life incidents/stories and people.
5. Last but not the least, the writer is requested to share their story with the subject of their character before submitting for publishing.
NOTE: This event is exclusive for the Feathers Club members of ArtoonsInn.
Current Feathers Club members:
Alipi Das, Anwee Mazumder, Arva Bhavnagarwala, Bhavna Gajbe, Charulata Panigrahi, Divisha Agrawal, Itali Madhusmita, Manoj Paprikar, Natasha Sequeira, Ranjit Narayanan, Sai Surve-Rane, Sanchari Banerjee, Sandeep Jumrani, Shiva Kumar K, Shivani Salil, Sudeepta Mohapatra, Varsha Madhulika
–>Though this is a Feathers Club exclusive event, everybody is welcome to participate as guests of ArtoonsInn. Participation cards are awarded for all Feathers and Guests.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
- Word limit: Minimum 1200 and maximum 1500 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to [email protected] with the subject “#Greenhorns-2 entry”. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). We’d much appreciate your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- Entries will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook.
- RULFY: Read and review the stories out of 10, of the participants who have reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the giver, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 19th April 2019.
-Use and update the rulfy tracker here to keep track of your rulfy status: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApiLwn00sMcLgUl0PXuyV-HZAxai
- Submissions close on 18th April 2019 23:59 IST. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 30th April 2019. Winner gets a ‘must-read’ book delivered to their address.
- Only Feathers Club members’ entries will be considered competing.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
Become an Artoon: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/thenest/
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting the website policies.
–>Artoons’ Rights at ArtoonsInn
1. Right to Criticism (#RtoC)
2. Right to Reject Criticism (#RtoRC)
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be published soon after the rulfying deadline is met.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on reviews and ratings from four different panels:
- Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn.
- Eyes Club members – the classic reviewers of ArtoonsInn.
Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews seriously as well as sportively to improve their skills.
Know all ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
- ArtoonsInn Judges.
- Public ratings.
–>Post winner announcement, scores and ranks of the respective participant will be sent to their email address if requested via email.
–>The most active member and the best reviewer in the Writers and readers’ room | ArtoonsInn throughout the month of April will be featured as ‘Artoon of the month’ and ‘Reviewer of the month’ respectively on Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn(every last day of the month). Write to [email protected] to know more about Recognition Day and ArtoonsInn awards.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or previously published work are neither considered for winning nor will be included in the event.
*Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event*.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
-Event Prompt by: Shankar Hosagoudar
-Event Organizers: Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla, Pallavi Suri and Shankar Hosagoudar
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of ArtoonsInn.