Write a 1000 word tale from two different point of views of a narrator. It can be the same narrator or two
different narrators. Point of View is the relationship between the Main character and the narrator of the story. The narrator can be the,
- Main Character (First person PoV)
- Closely removed (second person PoV, third person limited PoV) or
- Distantly removed (Third person omniscient PoV) and likewise. There are many more PoVs which you can try.
For this month’s event, Unik 11 – Crumpled Chronicles, the same story should be done in two PoVs of your choice. There is no word limit for each PoV, as long as they add up to 1000. One segment can 100 and another can be 900 too.
Must Read: To know more about different PoVs refer to the link: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/whos-telling-the-story/
Do read up on PoVs. The resources are vast on the internet.
For doubts and discussions, please do comment on announcement post. After all, we are learning as much as you are. This is an open event for everyone to participate in. However, we may not be able to accept submissions from Mars and Pluto at the moment. We are working on it.
Note: You can add author notes explaining the POVs you have chosen, this is beyond the 1000 word cutoff and should be lower than 50 words for each POV you’ve chosen.
UniK-11 Event Rules and Guidelines
–> This is an open event for anyone to participate in.
- Word limit: Minimum 990 and maximum 1000 words.
–>Please note that Endnotes/footnotes in entries will be excluded from Word count only when they stand independent of the story and act as a reference.
Examples for Endnotes that will NOT be included in word count:
Glossary, Credits, Reference links.
Examples for Endnotes that WILL be included in word count:
Epilogue, Author Notes (If the story depends on it for clarification), PostScript
- 1 entry per person. No previously published writings.
- You are expected to post your entries on the ArtoonsInn Writers Room website | writers.artoonsinn.com. Sign up on the website in case you haven’t already, to submit your writing. Ensure you check relevant categories (Genre/Theme) that your story is most relevant to while submitting.
- You can publish the stories on your own website if it’s powered by Geek Room and share the link directly on Facebook group timeline.
- Upload a non-copyrighted cover picture along with your writing (Refer www.unsplash.com). Make sure to add photographer credits at the bottom of your writing.
- Share the link to your story, once it is approved, in the ArtoonsInn Writers Room Facebook group with your post description and hashtags #ArtoonsInnWritersRoom #Unik 11 #CrumpledChronicles
- Submissions deadline: 19th May 2022 at midnight IST. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as Guest entries. Winner/s will be announced on Recognition Day, 31st May 2022 on www.facebook.com/ArtoonsInn.
- Take care of your Mental Health as much as you do of your Physical Health.
- Enjoy writing/reading
Follow ArtoonsInnRulfy: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/rulfy for reviews.
Disclaimer: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for other participants as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage, and communicate with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or works previously published on any online or offline platforms are neither considered competing nor encouraged.
–>Participants found guilty of plagiarism will be removed from ArtoonsInn.
Prompt by Sarves
Event Organizers: RN, Mallika, Sarves and Shankar
Get a website of your own at starting at only Rs. 5000 at ArtoonsInn Geeks Room.