The one thing you have believed in all your life suddenly seems to be nothing but a lie.
NOTE: This is an open event hosted at room8 of ArtoonsInn. Except for members from Beaks Club and Claws club, anyone is eligible to be placed as the winner.
All entries received within the deadline are eligible for a Participation card.
–>Participation cards are awarded for all participants who submit their entry within the deadline.
Here is what you can do using a participation card: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/participation-card/
The Lie | Writing Rules
- Word limit: Minimum 480 and maximum 500 words.
–>Please note that Endnotes/footnotes in entries will be excluded from Word count only when they stand independent of the story and act as a reference.
Examples for Endnotes that will not be included in word count: Glossary, Credits, Reference links.
Examples for Endnotes that will be included in word count: Epilogue, Author Notes (If the story depends on it for clarification), PostScript.
- One entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. No changes will be allowed. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to [email protected] with the subject “The Lie | Room8 | ArtoonsInn” and the most-fitting genre/s your story can be classified into. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible for a Participation Card and will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room subject to its quality.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com) and do please share photographer credits. Please note that entries sent without a cover or photographer credits attested may be delayed in sharing.
- ArtoonsInn Rulfy Policy: Read, rate and review the stories of the participants who have read, rated and reviewed your story. Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #Rulfy at the end of your review/comment requesting the author to Rulfy back.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the one who’d requested with a #rulfy, add hashtag #Rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfy deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 11th December 2019.
- Submissions close on 10th December 2019 at 23:59 of the participant location’s standard time. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 31st December 2019. The winner gets a book delivered to their residential address in India.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- Enjoy writing! –>Share and invite your friends to be part of ArtoonsInn’s Room8.
Swan cards are presented to the entries that score between 7.5 to 8.5 and Python cards are presented to the entries that score between 8.5 to 9.5 in the final score by the Watchers of ArtoonsInn which may help the participants enter higher clubs.
Know all the club members here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
Disclaimer 1: By sending your story to us, you are allowing ArtoonsInn to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting all ArtoonsInn website policies.
Disclaimer 2: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism. Kindly know about Artoons’ fundamental rights here:
Disclaimer 4: At the occasion of this event not being sponsored by an artoon or otherwise, Readers are informed that the stories may be interrupted by Google ads. Ads help in the management of the event (financially). Any inconvenience is deeply regretted.
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be updated three days after it is shared in the room unless requested otherwise.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or works previously published elsewhere are neither considered for winning nor encouraged. Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
Prompt by: Husna Thaslim
Event Organizers: Watchers of ArtoonsInn – Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla and Pallavi Suri
We extend our warmest invitation to you to honour us with your presence on Recognition Day – 31st December 2019.
Venue: Room8 of ArtoonsInn – https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritersAndReadersRoom