Your character has the ability to see, hear, and communicate with supernatural beings.
Base your plot on this theme to write a UniK tale (of 1000 words).
UniK-7 Event Rules and Guidelines
–> This is an open event for anyone to participate in.
- Word limit: Minimum 950 and maximum 1000 words.
–>Please note that Endnotes/footnotes in entries will be excluded from Word count only when they stand independent of the story and act as a reference.
Examples for Endnotes that will NOT be included in word count:
Glossary, Credits, Reference links.
Examples for Endnotes that WILL be included in word count:
Epilogue, Author Notes (If the story depends on it for clarification), PostScript
- 1 entry per person. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. (We do not allow modifications during the event period, however, they will be updated after the event results have been announced.)
- Send in your entries to [email protected]
Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as Guest entries. Entries received after the deadline may not be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room Facebook group.
- Send a non-copyrighted cover picture(with photographer credits) along with your writing (Refer www.unsplash.com). Please note that entries sent without a cover or photographer credits attested may not be published.
- Entries will be published on Writers.artoonsinn.com. Published Entries on the website will be shared on the ArtoonsInn Facebook Page or Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn or any other ArtoonsInn affiliate sites for the public to read.
- Submissions close on 15th Nov 2020 at midnight IST. Winner/s will be announced on Recognition Day, 30th November 2020.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be ignored.
- Wash your hands regularly. Avoid social gatherings. Stay safe. Enjoy writing/reading UniK-7!
Disclaimer 2: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism.
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so by mentioning in the email. Your name will not be updated or made public until requested otherwise.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for other participants as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage, and communicate with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or works previously published on any online or offline platforms are neither considered competing nor encouraged.
–>Participants found guilty of plagiarism will be removed from ArtoonsInn.
Prompt by Watcher Husna Thaslim
Event Organizers: Husna Thaslim, Kruti Bharadva, Mithru Rachamalla, and Pallavi Suri.
Read some interesting writings picked by the watchers of Room8 here: Read