Childhood memories are sometimes covered and obscured by the things which come later, like Childhood toys which are forgotten at the bottom of a crammed adult closet or stacked away in a dusty attic, but they are never lost for good.
#Five00-4 is dedicated to the child inside us.
Write a short story within 500 words based on one such Childhood (mis)adventure of yours!
1. The most important rule for Five00-4 is having maximum fun while taking a journey on your memory lane. This is a must.
2. Your story must have a minimum of 480 and a maximum of 500 words. Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will not be accepted. (Use http://countwordsfree.com/to check your word count.)
3. Do not send previously published works. Strictly fresh stories only. We don’t encourage plagiarism. Kindly refrain!
4. You can send up to TWO stories of unique storylines. Each story must be submitted separately. Only the story with the higher rating will be considered for the event.
5. The last date for submissions is the 10th November 2018, at 23:59 and the results will be declared on 14th November 2018 i.e. on Children’s Day at 18:00 IST. Entries submitted after the deadline will also be shared on the website and our associated social media) but would not be included in the event.
6. Submit your stories through a Word document (ONLY) to [email protected]. The subject of your mail MUST be “Entry for #Five00-4”. Alternatively, you can also send us your story through “Submissions” tab on our website (https://writers.artoonsinn.com/contact-us/)
7. Send us a 2-3 line introduction about yourself (in the third person) if this is your first time in ArtoonsInn and write it in the body of the email. Also send us a childhood picture of yours (optional) which will be added to the collage we publish on the children’s day.
8. Your story MUST be accompanied by a high-quality picture relating to the story to feature as the cover. The pictures must be non-copyrighted. Attach the image separately. (Refer Pixabay.com for high-quality, free pictures.) The stories submitted without a picture will be delayed.
9. Make sure you follow the above-mentioned rules to avoid delay in publishing your work on our website. Entries are posted in the sequence of first in first out (FIFO).
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting the ArtoonsInn website policies.
Join our community: Do join our Writers and readers base where your stories will be shared first: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritersAndReadersRoom/
1. To create a learning environment, all the participants are encouraged to rate their co-participants’ stories in the comments section of the story either on the website or in the Writers and Readers Room based on the following criteria which will be taken into consideration.
• Subjective rating: How much do you like the story? 1-10(10 being the highest)
Everyone is encouraged to justify their ratings/share a review for their co-participant.
2. The winner will get a beautiful novel delivered to their address.
3. A team of ArtoonsInn Writers and Readers Room judges also play a key role in deciding the winner.
***ArtoonsInn awaits your stories.***