“Sometimes there is no happy choice, Sam, only one less grievous than the others.”
Write a story and use the above quote anywhere in your story.
Note: The name in italics can be replaced by a name of your choice.
NOTE: This is an Open Event for anyone to participate.
–>Though this is an open event, Feathers Club members and Claws Club members of ArtoonsInn are exempted from winning in the event. Participation cards are awarded for all participants.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
Become an Artoon: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/thenest/
- Word limit: Minimum 480 and maximum 500 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to [email protected] with the subject “Five00-6 entry”. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries.
Note: Only entries received before the deadline and that which adheres to word count will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ room | ArtoonsInn, others will be shared on the ArtoonsInn Facebook page. Participation cards will not be given to the entries submitted after the deadline.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). We’d much appreciate your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- Submissions close on 09th April 2019 23:59 IST. Winner is announced on Recognition Day, 30th April 2019. Winner gets a ‘must-read’ book delivered to their address.
- RULFY: Read and review the stories of the participants who have reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the giver, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 10th April 2019.
-Use and update the rulfy tracker here to keep track of your rulfy status:
-When the winner is decided among the top 5, priority may be given for the competitor who has rulfied the most.
- Entries will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- If this is your debut entry for an open event at ArtoonsInn, please send a bio of yourself within 2-3 lines along with your entry (The best debut entry will be picked and honoured on Recognition Day).
- Enjoy writing!
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting our website policies.
–>Artoons’ Rights at ArtoonsInn
1. Right to Criticism (#RtoC)
2. Right to Reject Criticism (#RtoRC)
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be published soon after the rulfying deadline is met.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on reviews/ratings from four different panels:
- Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn.
- Eyes Club members – the classic reviewers of ArtoonsInn.
Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews seriously as well as sportively to improve their skills.
Know all ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
- ArtoonsInn Judges.
- Public ratings.
–>Post winner announcement, scores and ranks of the respective participant will be sent to their email address if requested via email.
–>The most active member and the best reviewer in the Writers and readers’ room | ArtoonsInn throughout the month of April will be featured as ‘Artoon of the month’ and ‘Reviewer of the month’ respectively on Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn(every last day of the month). Write to [email protected] to know more about Recognition Day and ArtoonsInn awards.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or previously published work are neither considered for winning nor will be included in the event.
*Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event*.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
-(Event Prompt courtesy: Jon Snow, Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin)
-Event Organizers: Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla, Pallavi Suri and Shankar Hosagoudar
-Cover Photo by Kyle Glenn
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of ArtoonsInn.