ARTALE GREENHORNS – 1
Write a Short Story set in a country other than your native birthplace.
NOTE: This event is exclusive for the Feathers Club members of ArtoonsInn.
Current Feathers Club members:
Alipi Das, Anwee Mazumder, Bhavna Gajbe, Charulata Panigrahi, Ranjit Narayanan, Sanchari Banerjee, Sandeep Jumrani, Shiva Kumar K, Sudeepta Mohapatra, Varsha Madhulika
–>Though this is a Feathers Club exclusive event, everybody is welcome to participate as guests of ArtoonsInn. Participation cards are awarded for all Feathers and Guests.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
- Word limit: Minimum 1200 and maximum 1500 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to [email protected] with the subject “#Greenhorns-1 entry | We are Feathers”. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries. Guests may ignore ‘We are Feathers’ in the subject.
- Send a high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). We’d much appreciate your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- Entries will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook..
- RULFY: Read and review the stories out of 10, of the participants who have reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the giver, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 19th March 2019.
-Use and update the rulfy tracker here to keep track of your rulfy status: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApiLwn00sMcLgQ4fDFpp10SMsZfQ
- Submissions close on 18th March 2019 23:59 IST. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 31st March 2019. Winner gets a ‘must-read’ book delivered to their address.
- Only Feathers Club members’ entries will be considered competing.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
Become an Artoon: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/thenest/
Event’s Potential Learning:
1. Get to know a culture different from yours.
2. Learn the minute traits of a community you are/aren’t acquainted with.
Disclaimer: By sending your story you are allowing us to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting the website policies.
–>Sharing of entries received after the deadline, may be delayed until all eligible entries have been given priority.
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be published soon after the rulfying deadline is met.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on reviews and ratings from four different panels:
1. Public/Participant ratings/reviews in the comments.
2. Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn’s ratings.
3. Eyes Club members – the classic and honest reviewers of ArtoonsInn. Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews and ratings seriously as well as sportively.
4. ArtoonsInn Judges.
The score sheet will be shared at the end of the event with the participants if requested.
Know all the ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
–>All readers are requested to review and rate the stories(0-10) they read in order to make the best story win.
–>The most active member and the best reviewer in the writers’ and readers’ room throughout the month of March will be featured as ‘Artoon of the month’ and ‘Reviewer of the month’ respectively on Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn(every last day of the month).
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or previously published work are neither considered for winning nor will be included in the event.
*Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event*.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of the adventure at ArtoonsInn.