June is the best month of the year because it’s also the gayest. It’s a month to honor the Pride.
In a broad sense, each person belonging to the LGBTQ+ community goes through the below phases:
1. Discovering that one is not like others.
2. Assuming that others won’t understand.
3. Getting courageous to make it public.
4. Not caring about what others think.
Pick at least one phase and write a story set in that phase in the life of an LGBTQ+ person.
NOTE: This is an Open Event for anyone to participate.
–>Though this is an open event, Claws Club and Beaks Club members of ArtoonsInn are exempted from winning in the event, however, the best stories written by the Claws and Beaks’ members will be awarded a Python card.
–>Participation cards are awarded for all participants.
Here is what you can do using a participation card:
- Word limit: Minimum 900 and maximum 1000 words.
- 1 entry per person. The first entry you send will be considered as the (final) competing entry. Only Word documents are considered. No previously published writings. No plagiarism.
- Email your entry to [email protected] with the subject “Pride entry”. Entries submitted after the deadline will be considered as guest entries. Guest entries may or may not be published by the watchers of ArtoonsInn.
- Send high quality, non-copyrighted cover picture along with your story (Refer www.unsplash.com). ArtoonsInn appreciates your sending the photographer credits along with the picture. Please note that entries sent without a cover attested may be delayed in sharing.
- RULFY: Read and review the stories of the participants who have reviewed your story.
Rulfying involves two terms. Giving and Returning.
-If you are giving a review/comment add a hashtag #rulfy at the end of your review/comment.
-When you are returning a review/comment to the giver, add hashtag #rulfied at the end of your review/comment.
-Rulfying deadline will be announced in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on 13th June 2019.
-You may use and update the rulfy tracker(with R’s in the columns) here to keep track of your rulfy status:
-When the winner is decided among the top 5, priority may be given for the competitor who has rulfied the most.
- Entries will be shared in the Writers and Readers’ Room | ArtoonsInn on Facebook.
- Submissions close on 12th June 2019 at 23:59 IST. Winner announcement on Recognition Day, 30th June 2019. The winner gets a ‘must-read’ book delivered to their address.
- Entries are expected in Prose-style with coherent Short Story diction. Ballads/Narrative poems will be considered as guest entries.
- If this is your debut entry for an open event at ArtoonsInn, please send a bio of yourself within 2-3 lines and a picture(not mandatory) of yours along with your entry for us to update your profile on our website and to use the picture in case ArtoonsInn has an award for you on Recognition Day.
- Enjoy writing!–>Become an Artoon at ArtoonsInn: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/thenest/
–>Check Recognition Day May 2019 here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/recognition-day-may-2019-2/
Disclaimer 1: By sending your story you are allowing ArtoonsInn to share your story on our website www.artoonsinn.com accepting ArtoonsInn website policies.
Disclaimer 2: Your stories may be subjected to receive serious criticism. Kindly know about Artoons’ fundamental rights here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/fundamentalrightsofartoons/
–>Should you choose to present your entry anonymously, you may request for it to be done so. Your name will be updated three days after it is shared in the room.
–>Who are the judges?
Judgement will be based on reviews from Five different panels:
- Wings Club members – the writer-makers of ArtoonsInn.
- Eyes Club members – the classic reviewers of ArtoonsInn. Participants are encouraged to take Wings and Eyes Club members’ reviews seriously as well as sportively.
Know all ArtoonsInn Clubs’ members here: https://writers.artoonsinn.com/club-members-artoonsinn/
- ArtoonsInn Judges.
- Readers’ reviews and ratings on the stories shared.
–>The most active member and the best reviewer in the writers’ and readers’ room throughout the month of June may be featured as ‘Artoon of the month’ and ‘Reviewer of the month’ respectively on Recognition Day of ArtoonsInn(every last day of the month). Artoons part of Wings Club and Eyes club are not eligible for Reviewer of the month award since they already are considered the best in the community.
–>It is suggested that if you wish to see honest reviews on your story, you write honest reviews for others as well. ArtoonsInn encourages participants who support, encourage and interact with others in a diplomatic manner.
–>Stories written prior to the event or work previously published elsewhere are neither considered for winning nor will be included in the event.
Anyone sharing previously published content may be barred from the next month’s event.
–>Participants accused of plagiarism will be removed from the ArtoonsInn community.
Prompt by: Shankar Hosagoudar
Event Organizers: Husna Thaslim, Mithru Rachamalla, and Pallavi Suri.
–>Invite your writer/reader friends to be a part of ArtoonsInn.